Image by Exploding Dog


"What came first, the music or the misery? Did I listen to music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to music? Do all those records turn you into a melancholy person?
People worry about kids playing with guns, and teenagers watching violent videos; we are scared that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands - literally thousands - of songs about broken hearts and rejection and pain and misery and loss."

in High Fidelity, Nick Hornby

3 comments:

I disse...

Este filme é excelente... a minha parte preferida é quando ele diz: I miss her smell, and the way she tastes. It's a mystery of human chemistry and I don't understand it, some people, as far as their senses are concerned, just feel like home.

Lina disse...

É um dos meus preferidos e comecei hoje a ler o livro. Acho que depois deste, muitos de Nick Hornby se seguirão.

Gosto da simplicidade, do sentido de humor e da maneira como ele consegue formular coisas como essa que referes...genial e tão verdadeiro.
:)

I disse...

Sim, acho que é essa simplicidade e considerações genuínas que nos "falam". Como se de repente tudo se tornasse claro!